Milestones Trust supports people with learning disabilities, mental health, dementia, and those with complex behavioural needs. Expressions is a year-long programme of creative events that works across the trust and culminates in an exhibition and festival that is open to the public. The focus for Expressions has always been to make the arts accessible, interactive and a source of well-being.
We are looking for a creative individual to support us in changing the way we tell our story as we work towards our first large scale art exhibition since before lockdown.
Expressions runs an Art Centre for people accessing mental health services and produces annual art exhibitions at Paintworks in Bristol to celebrate and share the work of those who may not traditionally access the arts. Since the pandemic we have not been able to produce an exhibition and we are now excited to be working towards an exhibition in July and we are looking to get the word out about our wonderful artists.
We are looking for someone to work with the Expressions team to develop and deliver efficient and dynamic communication systems and assets that support us to share our work more effectively and increase the impact of Expressions using social media.
We are looking for someone to help with:
- Research models of best practice around digital communications and propose new ways of working to team
- Work with the Expressions team to develop an exciting campaign around our weekly Arts sessions for users of mental health services and upcoming exhibition at Paintworks (July 2022)
- Collate and gather photography and film footage from Expressions archive and consider how to document ongoing Expressions activity
- Design and deliver a social media strategy and put in place longer term systems and processes around this
- Design and deliver communications around individual experiences, projects we are running, capturing stories of support and promoting our services
We are looking for volunteers who would like to gain or build on experience in:
- Working within the cultural sector
- Working within or around communications/marketing
- Working in a digital context and in particular on social media
- Using editing software such as Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of the Arts and Culture sector in Bristol/South West
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Not afraid to do things differently
- Good organisational, project and time management skills, with the ability to self-manage and motivate
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to create clear and concise documentation
- Strong attention to detail
- A curiosity for work and approach outside of their own interests and experience.
- Confident in giving feedback