We’re looking for enthusiastic and caring people to join our team at a residential home in the village of Winterbourne, just north of Bristol. Winterbourne has easy access to the M32 and Avon Ring Road (A4174), and is easily commutable from Bradley Stoke, Downend, Mangotsfield and Yate. No experience is necessary, as full training will be provided.
Watleys End Road is a registered nursing home that provides high levels of care for people who have learning disabilities. Staff are skilled at supporting people who have a variety of profound and complex health needs. Registered nurses are on duty 24 hours a day. Each person we support has a tailored care plan and fun activities are arranged inside and outside of the home.
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with decision-making and promoting independence.
- Supporting people to develop and maintain contact with family and friends.
- Encouraging positive self-image, and maintaining health and wellbeing.
- Providing access to the community, enabling the people we support to participate in sports clubs, social events and creative endeavours.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature.
- Be pro-active, reliable and enthusiastic.
- Ideally have experience, although this is not essential, as full training will be provided.
Here at Milestones Trust we recognise that without the hard work, commitment and passion given by our staff, we wouldn’t be the charity that we are today. That’s why we are committed to rewarding you with a competitive pay and benefits package including:
- 30 days Annual Leave Entitlement.
- Get paid when you want – Access your money as your earn it and request your earnings before payday using Dayforce Wallet.
- Access to an Employee Discount Platform from Day 1 with discounts and cash back for hundreds of retailers.
- Refer a Friend scheme earning you up to £750.
- Company pension.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous Occupational Maternity/Paternity Pay.
- Learning and development opportunities for you to build your career.
- Health Cash Plan on completion of probation giving you access to a minimum of £695 cash back for health treatments e.g. dental, therapies, optical, maternity/paternity, NHS prescriptions etc.
- 10% enhancement on normal rate for shifts in Winterbourne
For an informal discussion about the job role, please contact Arek Soltysiak, Home Manager, on 01454 250 232.
What happens next?
At the Trust, we have an in-house recruitment team, who will support you throughout the entire process. We understand that applying for a job can be stressful, so if you have any questions about your application, or would like an informal chat about the role, please call us on 0117 970 9333.
You can submit your CV directly to us by following the Apply Now steps below. If you need to request a different version of the application form, please reach out to us on the number above or email firstname.lastname@example.org