Flaxpits House is a residential home for younger people with learning disabilities and associated complex needs.
We are located in the village Winterbourne just north of Bristol with easy access to the M32 and Avon Ring Road (A4174).
We are currently looking for Unsupervised Support Workers to join our team. This busy home supports 10 people to live their lives as independently as possible. Our skilled staff team are support individuals with personal care, cooking, activities, access in the community and developing independent living skills. Flaxpits House supports some individuals to move on to supported living and independent living services. We are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic people to join our team.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships and/or maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.