Here at The Chestnuts we provide support to six very different individuals who, on occasions, can find life challenging. The Chestnuts has three very distinct living areas to its layout:
- Meadow View: provides support to x4 men who share accommodation.
- Upper Woodlands: provides support to one lady living in a self-contained flat.
- Lower Woodlands: provides support to one lady living in a self-contained flat.
The shift patterns will include earlies (07:00-14:30), lates (13:30-21:00), mid shifts (10:00-17:30) and waking nights (20:45-07:15).
It is important for the people living at The Chestnuts to have support to access to their community to pursue their hobbies and to engage in activities of interest to them including shopping, swimming, social clubs, going out for lunch, bike riding and even working at a farm!
We are seeking to recruit someone who is enthusiastic, enjoys being with people and has a sense of fun.
Service users at The Chestnuts are involved in the running of the home, deciding where, when and what they eat, what they like to do each day that day, how to decorate the home and helping to recruit staff.
Staff at The Chestnuts pride themselves on providing individual support to service users and strive to put the individual at the centre of all discussion and decision-making.
What we can offer in return:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust