Kilvie House is an 8 bedded home that is well integrated within the Kingswood community and supports people with a wide range of learning and physical disability.
We are seeking a unsupervised Support worker who is flexible and caring, honest and hardworking. The ideal candidate will be someone who is supportive and encouraging to help people make choices around their lives. They will need to be a good listener and demonstrate good communication skills, and work as part of a well-established team.
You will need to be able to demonstrate good verbal communication and listening skills, use your initiative during the shifts, work as part of a well-established team and take part in other activities and opportunities offered by the Trust.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.