87 Church Road is home to 4 ladies and 3 gentlemen who all have a learning disability with additional complex needs.
The ladies and gentlemen that live in the home are supported to make choices using a variety of communication styles and the staff who work with the ladies and gentlemen pride themselves in working in a person centred way.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic and can make a positive contribution to our team, also supporting the ladies and gentlemen with any health needs, personal care and accessing the community. You will be required to support all the ladies and gentlemen in activities, use your initiative and be creative.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.