Lambrook Road is a small, homely bungalow situated in Fishponds, close to local bars, restaurants and shops, where residents are supported in achieving an independent lifestyle and becoming involved in the local community. The home accommodates four residents, aged 61 to 77 some with learning disabilities and autism and some mental health needs.
Service users at Lambrook Road are involved in every aspect of running the home, deciding where, when and what they eat, what they like to do each day that day, how to decorate the home and helping to recruit staff.
Staff at Lambrook Road pride themselves on providing individual support to service users. And strive to put the individual at the centre of all discussion and decision-making.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- Support with Personal care
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.