Fairburn is a short breaks service which provides care and support to people with learning and physical disability. Our service operates on 24/7 basis and offers planned and emergency person centred breaks for varying lengths of time.
Working in a respite service can be incredibly rewarding and can offer many benefits. Our respite service offers work in a changing and diverse environment; every day we work with different groups of people with different needs, assuring each day is different, providing new experiences and challenges.
We are looking for a Support Worker who is keen to join a professional and enjoyable staff team, where there is a good work-life balance and ensuring the continual support to our service users is given in a friendly and person centred way.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships and/or maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.