Tramways is a purpose-built residential care home that prides itself on its homely, warm environment. It offers a high standard of individualised care to people with mental health needs. Tramways is a residential recovery service in the Brislington area of Bristol supporting 14 people with mental health needs to maintain their well-being, maximize their independence and to integrate with their chosen communities through the development of person centred support packages.
We are looking for someone to join our team who is flexible, has excellent communication skills and a positive approach to supporting people, someone who will work well as part of the established team; as well as some lone working, to continue to develop the service. Staff should be committed to providing meaningful community involvement and share the values and principles of positive behavioural support.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships and/or maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.