The Chestnuts is a service in Yate located just north of Bristol with easy access to the M32 and Avon Ring Road (A4174), Chipping Sodbury is also just on our doorstep. The Chestnuts is located in a semi-rural environment with lovely countryside right on our doorstep, however we are only a 5-minute drive away from Yate shopping centre and our local amenities.
Here at The Chestnuts we provide support to six very different individuals who, on occasions, can find life challenging. The Chestnuts has three very distinct living areas to its layout:
- Meadow View: provides support to x4 men who share accommodation.
- Upper Woodlands: provides support to one lady living in a self-contained flat.
- Lower Woodlands: provides support to one lady living in a self-contained flat.
The shift patterns will include earlies (07:00-14:30), lates (13:30-21:00), mid shifts (10:00-17:30) and waking nights (20:45-07:15).
It is important for the people living at The Chestnuts to have support to access to their community to pursue their hobbies and to engage in activities of interest to them including shopping, swimming, social clubs, going out for lunch, bike riding and even working at a farm!
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships and/or maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.