The people living at Watleys End Rd are looking to recruit staff to join their established team of Support Workers. The home provides a 24 hour service that supports 14 adults with learning disabilities and complex health needs.
Situated in Winterbourne the home is easily commutable from Bradley Stoke, Downend, Mangotsfield and Yate.
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic and hardworking Support Workers to join our friendly team. You will be involved in supporting residents to engage in a range of activities both inside & outside of the home as well as meeting their personal care, nutritional and social needs.
We provide a 24 hour, 7 day per week service, so staff are expected to work a variety of hours, which may include early, late, twilights, bank holiday and weekends.
Shifts are as follows:
- 7:00 to 14:30
- 1:30 to 21:00
- 21:00 to 07:00
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships and/or maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.