Byways 80-82 London Road is a lovely home to 8 adults with moderate to severe learning disabilities. The home is part of Milestones Trust, a large charity based in the Bristol area.
Our clients are looking for “happy”, reliable, understanding and patient support workers.
The successful candidate will be flexible and confident; carrying out day-to-day tasks within the home and assisting residents in the community (a driver confident with manual gears is essential). No experience is required for the right person centred positive thinker, with a ‘can do’ attitude. Some service users have increasing physical needs requiring hoisting, pushing wheelchairs and help with all aspects of care.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships and/or maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.