Mulberry House is a detached bungalow located in a quiet cul-de-sac in Kingswood; the home is spacious and provides accommodation for five people who has moderate to severe Learning difficulties. The home has a beautiful garden with a range of shrubs seating areas and patio. Our residents are supported in an individual way to ensure that they lead full and active lives.
It is important for the people living at Mulberry house to have support to access to their community to pursue their hobbies and to engage in activities of interest to them including shopping, swimming, social clubs, pubs and Church.
We are seeking to recruit someone who is enthusiastic, enjoys being with people and has a sense of fun.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.