Staff provide support to develop skills to promote the service users health and wellbeing, inclusion in the local community and greater independence. This may also include support to gain meaningful employment/voluntary positions and enabling individuals to develop independent skills like cooking, budgeting, maintaining good physical and mental health and raising the awareness of individuals of their rights to be treated fairly.
Overseeing the project and PAs to ensure delivery of the service to a high standard, being well led, responsive, safe, caring and effective.
Where necessary staff support with medication and personal care. The team will be working closely to assist tenants to live the lives they choose
YOU: The successful Service Co-ordinator will:
- Have excellent organisational and leadership skills and ability to lead by example
- Be dynamic and enthusiastic with a “can do” approach.
- Be person centred with excellent communication skills and values that embrace person centred values.
- Be confident to liaise with tenants, families, social workers, healthcare professionals and the community
- Able to build strong rapport with others whilst maintaining firm boundaries and professionalism.
- Able to effectively manage a team of Pas and run effective team meetings
- Have a good understanding of the Mental Capacity Act and Safeguarding Adults and the relevant skills to advocate for and empower the tenants.
- Be able to keep calm under pressure and able to juggle their workload and time effectively.
- Able to be assessed as competent to administer medication and assess PAs on their competency – training will be given
- Be computer literate
- Have a good sense of humour
You will be able to combine good observation and listening skills, with clear communication to develop the project and deal with issues, while being responsive to the needs of the tenants and the team members.
This project is also used as a base to induct new staff. The successful PC would need to facilitate induction and shadow sessions at the project and also be actively involved in interviewing PAs for the wider use within the Trust.