58 Crantock Drive is a lovely home to 8 ladies with mild to moderate learning disabilities. Our ladies are looking for reliable, understanding and patient people to join their team of Support Workers.
Some service users have increasing physical needs requiring hoisting, pushing wheelchairs and help with all aspects of care.
Staff build close relationships with people we support so they can offer person-centred support. The home is spacious and includes a large, fully accessible garden. Staff organise activities within the home and there are trips to stately homes and the theatre, among other destinations.
The successful Support Worker will:
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature.
• Be able to support people with their personal hygiene needs and have some understanding of non-verbal communication. .
• Be an enthusiastic and energetic member of the team.
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with decision-making and promoting independence.
• Support people to develop and maintain contact with family and friends.
• To encourage positive self-image and maintain health and wellbeing.
• Provide access to the community, enabling the people we support to participate in sports clubs, social events and creative endeavours.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Tina Locke-Harries, Service Manager, on 07554115023 or Ewa Bochenko, Service Coordinator, on 01454 614941.
What happens next?
At the Trust, we have an in-house recruitment team, who will support you throughout the entire process. We understand that applying for a job can be stressful, so if you have any questions about your application, or would like an informal chat about the role, please call us on 01179 709 333.
You can submit your CV directly to us by following the Apply Now steps below. If you need to request a different version of the application form, please reach out to us on the number above or email firstname.lastname@example.org